[sylpheed:33347] Setting font for display

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Nov 21 04:47:38 JST 2009

I am moving from Ubuntu Jaunty to Debian testing. I am using a brand
new disk for Debian, and I have installed and mounted the old disk so I
can just copy configuration files to the new Debian disk.

Migrating Sylpheed has gone well. I installed it from Synaptic (version
2.7.1), then copied the ~/.sylpheed-2.0 file and the ~/Mail folder from
the Jaunty disk to the Debian disk. When I launched Sylpheed all my
mail was there, all my accounts work, and things are as they were under
Jaunty - except for one detail. I can't get the fonts to appear as they
were.

In Configuration > Common Preferences > Display > General I set the
font for the message display to FreeSans 7 points. The message appears
in this font, but the headers are some other very large font. I can't
find a way to change the font for the headers in the message display
window as well as the text of the message.