[sylpheed:33322] sending large mails over low bandwidth links causes timeout in IMAP handling

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Nov 16 20:07:50 JST 2009

Moin,

I'm still using 2.6.0 and I haven't tested this with 3.0.0betaX yet,
but i still report it in case it has not been fixed yet.

I usualy set my connection timeout value to 1 minute, to avoid long
waits when the connection is dropped by the IMAP server.

When i now send large mails over a low bandwith line (or one that has
a large delay, like being in Japan while talking to a server
in Europe), it happens that the mail is send correctly over SMTP,
but storing it in the Sent folder fails, because sending needs
more than 1 minute and hence triggers the timeout.

Could the sending code be fixed that in case the IMAP store operation
takes a lot of time, that the timeout is not triggered unless uploading
stops completely?

Thanks a lot

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin