[sylpheed:33301] Re: Constant segfaulting with Sylpheed 3.0.0beta1 on Ubuntu 9.10

sopra-it at gmx.net sopra-it at gmx.net
Fri Nov 6 08:02:14 JST 2009

> > I can confirm this.
> > I get a segfault whenever I try to hit the "compose new message" icon for
> > instance.
>
> It's a problem with enchant 1.5.0 :
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sylpheed/+bug/413994

I can confirm this.
Built sylpheed 2.7.1 on a fresh Ubuntu 9.10 today, gtkspell 2.0.15. The
segfault occurs for example, when pressing the "Send"-button in the compose
window or when toggling the "Enable/Disable Spelling correction" checkbox.

So, no working spelling correction for Sylpheed on ubuntu. Too bad...

I can of course give debug output or traceback, if needed (and if it's a
sylpheed issue...).