[sylpheed:33288] Error report - Messages in inbox but not visible

Geoff capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 3 19:30:56 JST 2009

This may not be a very helpful error report, but I will
send it regardless.

Yesterday evening I received a forwarded e-mail into my
inbox.  It came from a source from which I can expect to
receive one or two forwarded mails most days - and have for
more than 6 years now.  About 60 people are copied in
on these mails.

I read the e-mail in question last night, and this morning
another arrived in the same thread, which I also read.  I
went away for an hour or so and when I came back both
messages had vanished from the inbox. I confirmed that I
had not accidentally moved them to any other folders and
then directly explored my inbox - which contains about 730
e-mails at the moment.  Both of the e-mails in question were
there, and could be read with a text editor, but for some
reason Sylpheed was not seeing them.

I closed Sylpheed and restarted it.  After the restart, both
messages had gone from the inbox.

I have been using Sylpheed almost from its beginning
(thank you Hiroyuki), and almost never see a problem. This
is version 2.7.1 running on Arch linux.

Geoff