[sylpheed:32994] Re: Reproducing jumping folders problem

Bob White bob at bob-white.com
Wed May 20 13:17:41 JST 2009

On Wed, 20 May 2009 00:26:34 -0300
John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 May 2009 15:24:02 -0700
> rhubbell <Rhubbell at iHubbell.com> wrote:
>
> > This should cause the jump, it does for me and I've been able to repeat
> > this.
>
> I think that if you repeat the same procedure several times, after a
> while the folder list won't jump anymore. It just doesn't seem repeatable
> here.
>
> John

If I move the slider all the way to the top, pick the top folder, move
the slider to the bottom, pick the bottom folder, it will jump every
time, and by the same amount although that amount depends on other
things also.  See below.   Picking a folder farther up and distance the
slider is moved seems to have an effect on how much jump there is
(sometimes none).

I have over 100 folders and sub folders in the list.  The window is
sized so that 53 of them are showing at one time.  The last folder was
"Newsgroups" which I didn't use. When I opened the Newsgroup folder and
clicked on the last news group listed the slider jumped almost to the
top.  That also happened when I clicked on the folder just above the
Newsgroup list. Previously clicking on that folder only caused a
smaller jump of eleven folders. Clicking on the Newsgroup top folder
caused no jump at all whether that folder was expanded or not.

These jumps with exactly the same conditions were exactly repeatable.

One part of the process seems to be necessary.  The slider has to be
moved.  When I move to a folder, the first unread message is opened
automatically.  It doesn't seem to make any difference whether there is
an unread message or not.  I checked this by marking several emails in
the last folder as unread before doing some of the tests.

Bob W.