[sylpheed:32990] Re: Folder scroll problem

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Tue May 19 00:42:41 JST 2009

On Mon, 18 May 2009 14:38:13 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> This problem seems to have started to happen since GTK+ 2.12 (or
> 2.11.x). I want to fix this, but it is hard to reproduce. So I want to
> know the simplest way to reproduce the problem.

It happens all the time here, but, I cannot give a recipe for debugging,
because it disappears (apparently) randomly.

I've tried to follow the button events on clicking the folder list. I've
noticed that there are two events that work together: button-press and
selection-changed. Button-press sets a 'flag' and gets the path of the
selected item. Selection-changed check that flag, and uses the path (I
think). Could there be a timing problem? Maybe the changed event gets
called too early?

I have the impression that clicking on a folder down the list, sometimes
scrolls the folder list to the corresponding coordinates, but from the
start of the list. Explained another way: When clicking on an item,
gtk-tree reports an x and y of clicked item, relative to the folder pane.
I have impression the list then scrolls to those x and y, but from the
start of the folder list (i.e. absolute x y coordinates).

If I have a little time later, I'll try to test that. I'm open to
suggestions for other tests too!

Thanks,
John