[sylpheed:33011] Opening linked page from Sylpheed

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at peoplepc.com
Tue Jun 9 08:13:42 JST 2009

Over the weekend I installed a new system hard drive (XP). After
installing Sylpheed 2.6.0 (Win32), I copied over all the old files and
mailboxes (except the application). Since then, whenever I open a link
from within an email, the browser opens to the webpage *only if* the
browser is already open; if not, it just opens the browser to its home
page (hence, opening a linked site with the browser closed is a two-step
process). I've done the following so far to get it back to the way it
worked before:

- set the default browser (Opera 10) in two places in XP and one in
the browser (Opera worked fine before)
- emptied the browser config setting line in Sylpheed, closed/opened and
then reinserted it (actually it reinserts on its own)

Any other suggestions?  Thanks,

Gene