[sylpheed:33109] Re: Spec broken?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 17:45:53 JST 2009

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 19:47:26 +0200, Frank wrote:

> The spec file that comes with the tar.gz. or tar.bz2. files of Sylpheed 2.7.0 seems to be broken. When trying to build an RPM from either of these files, I did get an RPM build error complaining about unpackaged files. Adding the lines
>
> %{_includedir}/%{name}/*.*
> %{_includedir}/%{name}/*/*
> %{_libdir}/*.*
>
> at the end of the spec file helped.

That's incorrect though, because it would create unowned directory entries
and ship library development files in the main Sylpheed application
package. A lazy fix would be to use just:

  %{_includedir}/%{name}/
  %{_libdir}/*.*

The better fix would be to create a sylpheed-devel sub-package for
the C headers and the .so symlink (or even libsylph and libsylph-devel
sub-packages for future reuse of that library by other apps and tools).