[sylpheed:33102] Re: Sylpheed documentation (was: Sylpheed 2.7.0 released)

Ricardo Mones mones at debian.org
Sun Jul 26 03:35:05 JST 2009

El Sat, 25 Jul 2009 19:57:56 +0200
Petr Kovar <pknbe at volny.cz> escribió:
/.../
> > If the answer is something else then we figure it out. Just keep it
> > simple. The simpler it is the more likely it will get done and be
> > maintained.  I say start easy/simple.
>
> That's definitely true, and we should try to search for tools and
> work flow processes that would suit needs of that not-so-big Sylpheed
> documentation best. Perhaps have the not-so-skilled contributors work
> with plain text or simple HTML, and then have the maintainer convert
> it to valid DocBook? Not sure.

  DocBook is already nearly plain text, don't need to be a guru to
write content for it. Have a look at Claws Mail documentation, it's
already using it and may even serve as starting point (maybe not the
content, of course).

> That being said, I'm playing with some fancy XML editors more or less
> suitable for DocBook, like XXE, epcEdit or Vex, and hopefully find
> something that is usable enough.

  Sure, but luckily you only need vim to edit it ;-)

  regards,
--
 Ricardo Mones
 ~