[sylpheed:33024] Re: Sylpheed compilation problems on Gentoo

Polyhead polyhead at polyhead.net
Fri Jul 3 14:13:55 JST 2009

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 20:43:01 +0200
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 09:22:15 -0700, Polyhead wrote:
>
> > The gentoo maintainers seem compleatly bullheaded that this bug does not
> > exist.  I along with several other users are getting failures with aclocal
> > on gentoo.  The moment we open a bug to report it, it is closed.  Maybe the
> > people here will have more of an open ear to listen to our problems, and
> > help us fix the issue.
>
> What problems do you see?

I'm going to say ignore my ponderings.  I just downloaded the package and it compiled and executes fine.  It's something broken with gentoo.  If gentoo maintainers are going to ignore users like this, I think it's time to change distros.  I've been using it since 2002, and it has finally hit the point of no return.  the distro is dead.

--
Ben 'Polyhead' Smith
  KE7GAL