[sylpheed:32848] Re: slow down with large folder

Tobias Nissen tn at movb.de
Wed Jan 28 19:10:34 JST 2009

Pavlos Parissis wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:51:46 +0100
> Tobias Nissen <tn at movb.de> wrote:
[...]
>> Thanks, didn't know that. I switched from Sylpheed to Claws just
>> yesterday :-)
>
> how did that go?
> I am thinking to switch as well

Most configuration options are converted automatically if Claws finds
an existing Sylpheed config. However some options needed manual
adjustments. The filters can be converted with a tool available on the
Claws homepage. But there, too, some filters needed manual care.

My reasons to switch were Inline-PGP-Support and basic HTML-rendering.
While these things work well, I have a hard time with the interface
changes. Some things just don't seem well thought out and I already
experienced some (minor) UI-bugs. The interface also seems to be a bit
sluggish. However, I am not entirely convinced that I can accept these
drawbacks. I need some more time to evaluate.