[sylpheed:33408] Re: Sylpheed 3.0 Beta3 - Information about vCards

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Wed Dec 16 17:06:36 JST 2009

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:38:57 +0900, Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:

> > 1) NewFile_1.png : shows the view of vCard in sylpheed
> > 2) NewFile_2.png : shows the view of vCard in Windows Address Book
>
> Would you also send me the .vcf file itself?

His problem appears because Outlook Express in Windows XP (for example)
is still in stone age and does not save the .vcf in Unicode.

See attachments:
- the file test_windows_cp_1250.vcf was dragged directly from OE
address book, on my system that matches the 8 bit codepage with the
characters involved in his test name; I don't know what result you will
get on a different codepage (Windows) system
- the file test_unicode_no_bom.vcf was converted by me manually and
this one shows ok when imported in Sylpheed

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
http://www.secarica.ro/