[sylpheed:33136] Re: Two requests

John Rye jrt746 at clear.net.nz
Sat Aug 29 01:39:14 JST 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:23:52 -0600
Gene Goldenfeld wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 18:00:54 +0200
> Petr Kovar <pknbe at volny.cz> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at peoplepc.com>, Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:43:01 -0600:
> >
> > > When Sylpheed opens, it goes to the first bolded message in the Inbox,
> > > read or unread, removing its bolded status.  In my case, that item is
> > > well up the list, which is kept in chronological order, most recent at
> > > the end.  I would prefer - and request consideration of - the following:
> > >
> > > 1) Open to the last bolded message in the list;
> > > 2) Leave the message it opens to in the same status, i.e., bolded (or
> > > unbolded)
> > >
> > > Are either of those possible?  The current setup requires repeated
> > > scrolling and rebolding.
> >
> > In Common Preferences, you can set Sylpheed to mark messages as read only
> > when they are opened in a new window. Also, you can disable the "open first
> > unread message when entering a folder" feature, entirely. Not sure how to
> > make Sylpheed open the last unread message though.
> >
> > Worth adding to FAQ, perhaps.
>
> I'm not seeing (yet) how your reply speaks to my request.  This is about first
> starting Sylpheed.  When I start it now, it goes to the first bolded
> message (read or unread) in the Inbox.  New window?  I don't open a new
> window on start up, just the view with folders on left, list on upper
> right and message on lower right (Summary View?).  I'm also missing how
> enabling or disabling "open first unread message when entering a folder"
> is relevant.  In a little test, it had no effect on the issue I'm raising.

Gene,

I'm running Linux version so I'm not sure if this will help.

Open -> Common Preferences -> Details

The Interface tab has a bunch of options, I have behaviour similar to what
I think you are looking for by having NO checkmarks other than in the
"Execute moves" option.

Give that a try

Cheers

John NZ