[sylpheed:33133] Re: Two requests

Petr Kovar pknbe at volny.cz
Sat Aug 29 01:00:54 JST 2009

Hi!

Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at peoplepc.com>, Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:43:01 -0600:

> When Sylpheed opens, it goes to the first bolded message in the Inbox,
> read or unread, removing its bolded status.  In my case, that item is
> well up the list, which is kept in chronological order, most recent at
> the end.  I would prefer - and request consideration of - the following:
>
> 1) Open to the last bolded message in the list;
> 2) Leave the message it opens to in the same status, i.e., bolded (or
> unbolded)
>
> Are either of those possible?  The current setup requires repeated
> scrolling and rebolding.

In Common Preferences, you can set Sylpheed to mark messages as read only
when they are opened in a new window. Also, you can disable the "open first
unread message when entering a folder" feature, entirely. Not sure how to
make Sylpheed open the last unread message though.

Worth adding to FAQ, perhaps.

Best,
Petr Kovar