[sylpheed:33113] Re: future of libsylph

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Mon Aug 3 13:36:33 JST 2009

Hello,

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:51:03 +0200
Ricardo Mones <mones at debian.org> wrote:

>   After looking carefully at the 2.7.0 tarball to prepare the Debian
>   packages I must confess I don't understand why libsylph is now:
>
>   - shipped as part of sylpheed as kind of private shared library
>   - with a lower version number and SONAME than current libsylph
>   - but with an expanded API in some files
>   - and lacking the compose.h file
>
>   Is libsylph going to disappear as a standalone tarball and being
>   released as part of sylpheed tarball?

I've made the internal libsylph shared library for plug-in support.

Currently, the internal one is incompatible with standalone
libsylph-1.x, so it is named as 'libsylph-0' (maybe it should be
libsylph-internal or something).

Eventually I want to unify both. I'm not sure how it should be
distributed yet (standalone or not).

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>