[sylpheed:32620] Re: stray '\' in program

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Sat Sep 6 22:14:06 JST 2008

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 20:37:00 +0800, crazycode08 <crazycode08 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> hi,everyone:
>
>   I try to compile the sylpheed source code under windows with MinGW
>
> after I use make ,it shows some error:
>
> account.c: In function `account_find_from_smtp_server':
> account.c:117: error: stray '\' in program
> [..]
> account.c:446: error: stray '\' in program
> account.c:446: error: `LibSylph' undeclared (first use in this
> function) f:\msys\mingw\bin\make.exe: *** [account.lo] Error 1
>
> I don't know what's wrong?

I'm not completely sure but this error message generally means there
are non-Ascii characters in the source file which shouldn't be there.
So, since the original source files are fine I guess your files are
corrupted in some way, maybe while extracting the archive.
Have a look at libsylph/account.c and check around line 117 to see how
it looks and/or re-download the sources, extract them (don't use
WinZip, it's known to mishandle line break characters sometimes) and
try again.

Regards,
Enrico