[sylpheed:32615] Change name of Mail folder?

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Sat Sep 6 10:11:07 JST 2008

Hello people.

Today, a friend called me, to tell me he had lost all of his mail. I had
installed Linux and Sylpheed on his machine, so I was interested how he
did that.

After some discussion, I am suspecting he simply deleted the entire
~/Mail folder, and I realized that this is quite an inviting target to
accidently delete.

Is it possible to tell Sylpheed to use some other folder, maybe .Mail, so
it won't appear on the file manager? Or otherwise secure it?

Thanks for any ideas,
John

PS: I still have to find out how he managed to delete the folder without
it appearing in the trash can, but maybe he cleaned that out too...