[sylpheed:32684] Re: Mandriva 2009 : 2.5.0 compilation fails

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 01:06:38 JST 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:22:38 +0200, Nicolas Guilmain wrote:

> Le Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:05:32 +0200
> Michael Schwendt a écrit :
>
> > Link with ASpell (-laspell in the LDFLAGS) if your version of GtkSpell
> > no longer adds this automatically.
>
> Sorry, but I don't know how to do such a 'link'

After configuring the Sylpheed source, you would edit the right Makefile
(src/Makefile) and add missing compiler/linker parameters. Then run "make"
to build.

But you could also modify /usr/lib/pkgconfig/gtkspell-2.0.pc
and add  -laspell  to the "Libs" line, then reconfigure Sylpheed source.

> (and wonder why it's the first time I have a problem in Sylpheed compilation since 2001 !).

Because Sylpheed needs to catch up with the changes in other projects.
Sylpheed uses GtkSpell together with ASpell, but some releases of GtkSpell
no longer link the ASpell library explicitly, so applications need to do
that instead.

--
Michael Schwendt
Fedora release 9.92 (Rawhide) - Linux 2.6.27-0.392.rc8.git7.fc10.i686