[sylpheed:32738] Re: Error compiling 2.6beta2

John Shane jslists at mtwafrica.org
Sat Nov 22 07:22:21 JST 2008

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:01:32 +0900
> Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> > >  'A cheap work-around is to include <gtk.h> in all four files,
> > > where this build error occurs.'
> > >
> > > #include <gtk/gtk.h>
> >
> > Just fixed in svn trunk (r2074).

Thought I'd try to do something different and followed the directions
on the web site to check out the svn version (2075) and build it.
After various bumps and installing additional tools I made it through
the autogen.sh and make stages.  However, when building the deb
package with checkinstall I received the following error (which at
first looked successful).  It could well be me and something I don't
have on my system but I pass it along in case it's useful.

======================== Installation successful
==========================

Copying documentation directory...
./
./README.ja
./README.es
./ABOUT-NLS
./NEWS
./COPYING.LIB
./AUTHORS
./TODO
./COPYING
./ChangeLog
./README
./INSTALL
./LICENSE
./INSTALL.ja
grep: /var/tmp/tmp.UuuPD25942/newfile: No such file or directory

Copying files to the temporary directory...OK

Stripping ELF binaries and libraries...OK

Compressing man pages...OK

Building file list...OK

Building Debian package... FAILED!

*** Failed to build the package

Do you want to see the log file?  [y]:

**say yes to that and this is what you get**

dpkg-deb: parse error, in file
`/var/tmp/tmp.UuuPD25942/package/DEBIAN/control' near line 8 package
`sylpheed': `Depends' field, syntax error after reference to package
`gtk2' /var/tmp/tmp.UuuPD25942/dpkgbuild.log (END)