[sylpheed:32712] Re: Certain Messages aren't beeing filtered

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at peoplepc.com
Mon Nov 10 04:07:01 JST 2008

Christoph Kobe <christoph at kobenetz.de> wrote:

> > I think that there is more than one reason because some messages are
> > filtered and others don't.
> >
> > One of them: there is another rule above the X-SPAM-FLAG-rule that is
> > performed before and even the headline of X-SPAM-FLAG is reported the
> > email is not filtered because another filter rule "check" your email.
>
> I have removed all other rules (actually only one), so the only rule left is this one. You can look
> at it's definition here:
>
> http://home.kobenetz.de/~christoph/sylpheed-filter/
>
> I have also put two Mails each filtered and not filtered in the directory. I directly copied the
> files from the sylpheed directory and renamed them.
>
> Hope you have some more Ideas, otherwise I will have to edit the files until I find the exact
> difference that will make the unfiltered filtered and vice versa.

I'm glad you raised this and hope you find what's going on, because as
I've posted here before Sylpheed (Win32) has always seemed to me
idiosyncratic in its filtering.  It's like dealing with the
borderline between science and superstition; just when you think you
have it figured out, the rule is violated and you're forced to juggle
things around again in ways that seemingly defy explanation, but just
work until the next time. I never experienced this with my previous
email app, Netscape 4.

Gene