[sylpheed:32704] jpilot address book and Freebsd

regisr regisr at pobox.com
Sat Nov 8 07:24:55 JST 2008

I have a trouble with Sylpheed 2.5.0 and the Address book from Jpilot
1.6.0 (I have also upgraded pilot-link to the current version) on
FreeBSD.

Not all records are displayed and there is a character conversion
problem for the data. Character conversion is not critical but I want
at least read all entries.

The AddressDB file is ok: Jpilot display all entries without characters
problem. I tried also the file with the same software versions
(Sylpheed, Jpilot) on Ubuntu and it is fine. This is a problem only on
FreeBSD 6.4 (Prerelease)

About character conversion I have the following messages displayed:
 (sylpheed:93595): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string
passed to pango_layout_set_text()
when I open the AddressBook in Sylpheed.

Did you know this problem (a similar problem happens in 2006) ?

--
regis