[sylpheed:32699] Sylpheed in Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex & libbluetooth.so.3

John Shane jslists at mtwafrica.org
Sun Nov 2 22:58:45 JST 2008

Has anyone else run into this?  I upgraded to Xubuntu/Ubuntu 8.10 and
then tried to install/run Sylpheed (both 2.5.0 and 2.6.0beta1).  All
I got was an error message about libbluetooth.so.2 shared library not
being available. Some poking around indicated Xubuntu 8.10 uses
libbluetooth.so.3.  I created a symbolic link for so.2 pointing to
so.3 and Sylpheed was happy.  Adjustment needed somewhere?
John