[sylpheed:32377] Re: Messages in the currently selected folder are not filtered

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri May 30 15:18:39 JST 2008

Hi Nicholas,

On Fri, 30 May 2008 06:05:58 +0200
Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net> wrote:

> I have the same bug with Sylpheed v2.4.8 (did not yet tested with the
> last 2.5.0rc).
> Please, fill the patch here I'll see to merge it to the sylpheed branch
> too.

The are (at least) 2 reasons why this is not possible.

1. Claws Mail and Sylpheed do not share filtering code. A patch that applies
   to one cannot apply to the other.

2. Claws Mail and Sylpheed do not share licenses. Claws Mail is GPLv3,
   Sylpheed is GPLv2/LGPL. It would not be legally permissible to put
   Claws Mail code in Sylpheed.

best regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune