[sylpheed:32348] Re: From Sylpheed to gMail (and return)

Andrea Ganduglia radio at frequenze.it
Fri May 23 02:47:38 JST 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 7:12 PM, Evgeni Golov <sargentd at die-welt.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 May 2008 18:10:59 +0200 Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
>
>> > Why you not just add gMails IMAP to Sylpheed, and drag'n'drop all the
>> > mails to gmail?
>>
>> In this way original date is preserved into mail header, but for gMail
>> the mail date-time is the drag'n'drop date-time. With drag'n'drop mail
>> order is wrong and you cannot use "Date within" search option.
>
> Okay, you notice, I do not use gMail often. Just tried what you say
> about the drag-n-drop date. It does indeed show the dragged date in the
> general view, and the search finds the message, but if I open it, I
> see the correct old date - and Sylpheed does too. Weird weird gmail.

Exact! If you drag message gMail, in some way, do not read header
date, but event date. It's the same problem that afflicts most tools
listed above in my first mail (most of this are based on SMTP
manipulation). The only way to preserve original date into gMail web
GUI is use POP3 method (like my) or official gMail tools (only for
Outlook Express, only for Windows) or GoogleAPI (required Premier
Edition 50$/account/year).

Regards, Andrea -