[sylpheed:32297] Re: Sylpheed makes annoying noises when clicking on some folders...

Benat Dagorret lists at nrd.fr
Wed May 7 05:17:21 JST 2008

On Tue, 6 May 2008 14:00:43 -0600
Bob White <bob at bob-white.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 May 2008 21:30:48 +0200
> Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > You have been of great help in solving my "bug" that turned out to be
> > just a configuration problem, so I am "challenging" you with a second
> > problem, well, annoyance ;-)
> >
> > Problem: for some reason, whenver I click on the "Inbox", or "Sent"
> > folder, Sylpheed emit a rather unwanted, loud "BEEP3, from the
> > motherboard built-in "speaker".
> >
> > Any idea how to make it stop doing that ? Is there yet again some
> > option I may have missed in the Preferences dialog, to start with !? ;-P
> >

> > Regard,
> >
> > --
> > Vince
>
> Hi Vince,
>
> I would get a beep on some folders, but not others.  I found that if I
> sorted on something by clicking the top of a column, the beep would go
> away.  I'm not sure if that's the same problem you have, or what the
> beep was supposed to be telling me, but give it a try.
>
> Bob W.

Hi Bob and Vince,

I have the same problem when clicking on folders that contain *sorted*
messages. This seems to be a GTK related annoyance. I think it was first
reported by Enrico Tröger. Please go to the Sylpheed list archive

> http://www.tmtm.org/cgi-bin/w3ml/index.cgi?ml=sylpheed

and then search "beep". There are a few suggestions there ;-)

--
Benat Dagorret