[sylpheed:32163] PGP problems when sending mail to other mail clients

Andrew Grieser agrieser at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 19:47:32 JST 2008

First off: I love sylpheed. I think it is the best all around mail client I have used. However, I am having a few issues with PGP/GPG support.

When I sign and encrypt a message and send it to someone using Thunderbird (enigmail), they report that the message decrypts fine, but the signature is not checked.

Does anyone know if this is a standards issue with Sylpheed or with Thunderbird?

Also, most messages that I receive are signed and / or encrypted as ascii text in the message body. Sylpheed does not process these. Is this planned for future versions?

Andrew