[sylpheed:32146] GTK beeps when opening folders with sorted messages

Benat Dagorret lists at nrd.fr
Fri Mar 14 18:12:03 JST 2008

Hi all,

I have been using Sylpheed for several years but I'm getting trouble
with a newly installed 2.4.8 version: Sylpheed makes GTK beep when I
open folders containing *sorted* messages. This happens with any number
of messages being in the folder (except when the folder is empty).

GTK stops beeping when the messages aren't sorted anymore, i.e. using
the menu "View -> Sort -> Don't sort".

I know about a previous and similar problem reported to the list,
[ http://www.sraoss.jp/pipermail/sylpheed/2007-December/001949.html ]
but the one I'm experiencing here looks a bit different because the
folder doesn't need to contain only one message to make those beeps.
Googling around didn't give much except this known problem.

I have a fresh install of:
- Sylpheed 2.4.8
- GTK 2.12.8
- FreeBSD 7.0 RELEASE

Any comment or hint welcomed. Thanks a lot.

--
Benat Dagorret