[sylpheed:32482] Re: Missing IMAP Subfolders

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 05:05:20 JST 2008

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:59:49 -0400, Michael B Allen wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Thomas White <taw27 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 22:08:38 -0400
> > "Michael B Allen" <ioplex at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Just installed 1.5.0rc2 from Fedora 9 and I cannot see any existing
> >> IMAP subfolders. Trying to "Rebuild folder tree" does nothing. It
> >> seems I can create subfolders and from looking at the resulting
> >> directory on the server I cannot see any difference between the folder
> >> created (.test.sub) and the ones I'm trying to access
> >> (.Lists.whatever).
> >>
> >> Is this a known problem and is there a way to fix it?
> >
> > This sounds exactly like something I described a few months ago:
> > http://www.sraoss.jp/pipermail/sylpheed/2007-October/001771.html
> >
> > The workaround I used was to revert back to the old version (revision
> > 1899 is the last revision in Subversion which works properly), Rebuild
> > the folder tree, then go back to the new version.  It keeps on working
> > fine as long as you don't rebuild the folder tree again.  Obviously
> > this isn't a very nice workaround - my eventual 'fix' was to simply
> > rearrange my folders not to use subfolders.
>
> October? God I hope that's not the same problem.
>
> So how does one file a bug report around here? I don't see anything
> obvious on the website.

No special bug tracking system is used. You would just post a good problem
description (including steps on how to reproduce it) to the list.
Could be that there is something special about your mail folder
hierarchy or folder names.

FWIW, subfolders work fine here with IMAP, dovecot, Sylpheed and
Fedora 8 (and also with public mail service providers).

[22:02:08] IMAP4< 12 OK List completed.
imap_get_part_folder_list(): get root folders
append 'Trash'
append 'TestFolder'
append 'procmail.log'
append 'msgid.cache'
append 'INBOX'
imap_get_part_folder_list(): get folders under 'TestFolder'
append 'TestFolder/SubFolder'
append 'TestFolder/SubFolder2'
append 'TestFolder/SubFolder3'
new folder 'TestFolder/SubFolder2' found.
new folder 'TestFolder/SubFolder3' found.
Setting folder info...