[sylpheed:32014] G_FILENAME_ENCODING?

Andreas J. G ajg at inbox.com
Sat Jan 12 11:44:03 JST 2008

Hello,

When I first start Sylpheed, I get a message that goes like this:

--
The locale encoding is not UTF-8, but the environmental variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING is not set.
If the local encoding is used for file name or directory name, it will not work correctly.

G_FILENAME_ENCODING=@locale

Continue?

Quit / OK
--

What is this? I use ISO-8859-15 for encoding, will this pose a problem for Sylpheed? Do I have to worry about the message at all?

I do not wish to find my emails corrupt or wrongly encoded after I fetch them all, or find out in 2 years that I can't import the mails into another e-mail client... :)