[sylpheed:32097] Re: SSL certificate verify failed

Petr Kovar pknbe at volny.cz
Tue Feb 19 05:35:51 JST 2008

Kevin Horton <khorton01 at rogers.com>, Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:22:21 -0500:

> I am configuring sylpheed to use GMail via IMAP.  Every time I check or
> send mail I get a dialog "SSL certificate verify failed - unable to get
> local issuer certificate".  My local certificates work with mutt and
> GMail, so I know I have valid ones.  What determines where sylpheed looks
> for SSL certificates?  Environment variable?  Something in sylpheedrc?

You may want to try using the latest SVN version, because the author of
Sylpheed has recently implemented a basic SSL certificates management
(thank you, Hiro, by the way!):

2008-02-15

* libsylph/ssl.c
  src/sslmanager.c: added the feature to save SSL peer certificate
  and always accept it.

Regards,
Petr Kovar