[sylpheed:32073] Re: sylpheed POP3 to sylpheed IMAP

Oliver Meißner-Knippschild lists.o at la-familia-grande.de
Wed Feb 6 23:18:00 JST 2008

Manfred Usselmann wrote on Wed, 6 Feb 2008 00:03:03 +0100:
>I think a simple script which copies the mails to the 'new' subdirs of
>the corresponding IMAP directory should work.

but beware the dovecot internal filenames. Dovecot saves many meta-data
about the mails in the filename (like courier does, too).

I think it's much better that dovecot handles it's Maildir by itself.
So give all the mails to dovecot's delivery agent by the same way a
mailserver would do. In my opinion it's the only way to keep the
Maildir-structure consistent.
Maybe dovecot brings anything whisch reads mail from files or stdin, so
you can transport all your mail via script.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,
Oliver Meißner-Knippschild <lists.o at la-familia-grande.de>

registered Linux user #462769 (http://counter.li.org)
PGP-Fingerprint: FA5D 891C 298B 08DF 1ED7 9AFB 57B1 B3D7 3109 925A
Download key at: http://www.la-familia-grande.de/keys/3109925A.txt

--
If (2.0 == 1.999999963) { printf('Pentium inside!'); }