[sylpheed:32803] Re: Sylpheed 2.6.0rc released

Dmitry Vilegzhanin diod at desc.ru
Fri Dec 26 19:58:19 JST 2008

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 16:08:56 +0100
Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:

> While i'm at it, for some unknown reason gtk displays lines that contain
> no letters (ie just special characters and numbers) in a different, smaller
> font instead of the normal text font. Does anyone know how i can disable this?

I saw this behaviour with national fonts (i mean - bigger English font, smaller Russian).

I think that if GTK cannot find some symbol in the font, that was selected for menus or message view - it does font substitution, but the substituted font usually looks somewhat different...

Use of Unicode font will completely solve the problem, but usually You can install some fonts that contain symbols you need or change font for Sylpheed/GTK so that no substitution occurs.

---
Os: Gentoo Linux
mailto:diod at desc.ru
UIN: 117846743