[sylpheed:32566] Re: Gmail anyone?

Godwin Stewart gstewart at bonivet.net
Thu Aug 14 16:48:27 JST 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:23:05 -0700, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>
wrote:

> But I still need a free e-mail account, so I went shopping. I started
> with Gmail, but I can't get it configured. It hangs on downloading
> messages, and also on sending.

As others have pointed out, you need to go into gmail's settings and enable
POP3 access. There's also a page there that explains what settings to use
(port numbers, SMTP AUTH type etc).

Also, upgrade to sylpheed-2.5.0. There's an issue with remembering gmail's
SSL certificates that was resolved in version 2.5.0.

G. Stewart - gstewart at bonivet.net

Which is worse: ignorance or apathy?  Who knows?  Who cares?