[sylpheed:32547] Problems with Lotus Notes and IMAP

Felix Funke bulk at walmar.de
Wed Aug 6 18:35:27 JST 2008

Hello,

I finally convinced my admin to let me access out Lotus Notes 7 mail server via IMAP so I can get rid of Lotus' awful mail client. But I have a problem downloading some folder's contents with Sylpheed.

The folders not working are subfolders containing spaces in their names (for example "Ablage/Felix Funke"). I traced the log file and foudn the following error:

[11:29:59] IMAP4> 167 SELECT "Ablage\Felix Funke"
[11:29:59] IMAP4< 167 NO SELECT failure, cannot select mailbox: Folder not found in IMAP name space

If I connect manually to port 143 and talk to the IMAP server I get the following information:

15 LIST "" "*"
* LIST (\HasChildren) "\\" Ablage
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "\\" {20}
Ablage\Felix Funke

If I manually select the folder it works:

20 select "Ablage\\Felix Funke"
* 1 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 50] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 2] Predicted next UID
* FLAGS (\Flagged \Seen \Answered \Deleted \Draft)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Flagged \Seen \Answered \Deleted \Draft \*)] Permanent flags
20 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed

If I select a folder not containing spaces, removing the quotes it works too

22 select Ablage\test
* 1 EXISTS
* 0 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 54] UIDs valid
* OK [UIDNEXT 2] Predicted next UID
* FLAGS (\Flagged \Seen \Answered \Deleted \Draft)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Flagged \Seen \Answered \Deleted \Draft \*)] Permanent flags
22 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed

If I select a folder with spaces removing the double-backslash it does not work and I get the same error message I got in Slypheed.

23 select "Ablage\Felix Funke"
23 NO SELECT failure, cannot select mailbox: Folder not found in IMAP name space

Is this a known bug? Are there any solutions?

Thanks for your help.

Felix Funke

--
Felix Funke <bulk at walmar.de>