[sylpheed:32277] Re: Help Compiling Sylpheed-2.4.8 on Debian Etch

Andrew Grieser agrieser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 19:45:01 JST 2008

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:40:49 +0200
Andres Buehlmann <tastas at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:04:40 -0400
> Andrew Grieser <agrieser at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > quick_search.o: In function `quick_search_clear_entry':
> > /home/agrieser/multimedia/downloads/deb_2_sylpheed/sylpheed-2.5.0~beta1/build-tree/sylpheed-2.5.0beta1/src/quick_search.c:164:
> > undefined reference to `GTK_ENTRY' quick_search.o: In function
>
> See here:
> http://www.tmtm.org/cgi-bin/w3ml/sylpheed/msg/32115
> or here:
> http://www.tmtm.org/cgi-bin/w3ml/sylpheed/msg/32116
> or use a newer beta (2 or 3).
>
> Andres

Thanks, that addition to the quick_search.c file worked and it built successfully.

I was able to build 2.5.0beta1 and beta3 from the debian source, so I consider that a success.

However, I was still not able to build from the source on the sylpheed page. Should this be significantly harder than building from debian source?