[sylpheed:32266] Re: Win XP show/hide toggle tray icon trouble

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at peoplepc.com
Wed Apr 30 01:29:12 JST 2008

Sergey Sarbash <sergei at union.bancorp.ru> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> My little suggestion for an improvement.
> The systray icon is wonderful but it works only for showing window. Why
> not to do it as a typical toggler like in some other winapps?
> On my home laptop, the icon restores window just perfect but
> hides it by chance...

Sergey, Let me see if I understand you correctly.  Assuming Sylpheed has
been started, you are saying that the Sylpheed icon shows in the
systray all the time with your laptop, but not always with your desktop
computer. Thus, with the latter you are sometimes not able to toggle
the icon. Is that correct?  If so, this sometimes-you-see-it and
sometimes-you-don't behavior is actually a known bug in Windows XP that
Microsoft never fixed.  The only fix is to go to Start > Settings >
Taskbar & Start Menu > Customize and change the Sylpheed behavior to
Always Show.  That will hold for a day, a week or longer, at which
point you have to set it again.  I'd like to hope they have fixed it
with SP3, but I'm not counting on it.

Gene Goldenfeld