[sylpheed:32256] Re: moving an entry in address book

Mariusz Mariusz_S at dslextreme.com
Mon Apr 28 18:04:12 JST 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:20:03 +0300; Cristian Secară wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 03:54:18 -0700, Mariusz wrote:
>
> > This works on Windows; Select all entries you want to
> > move (<Ctrl-A> seems not to work but mouse
> > click-and-drag accross entries does select multiple
> > entries), <Ctrl-C> (to copy, <right-click->Copy> does
> > not work right, copies only the entry under the cursor
> > even though multiple entries remain selected), switch
> > folders, <Ctrl-V> (to paste, here <right-click->Paste>
> > does work), switch to previous folder, reselect the
> > copied entries and <Delete>.
>
> Does not seem to work. No matter how long the selection
> is or where I begin the selection, only the topmost item
> in the selection is copied. If I want to move 10 items, I
> have to do this 10 times. The only thing that appears to
> be copied at once is a multiple entry (an entry with +),
> even if expanded at the time of selection.
Sorry to hear that.  I don't know what gives but the above does work for me.  It's a combination of mouse sellection of multiple items and then key combinations to copy/paste with mouse sellection of folders in between.  Hmm.

> Cristi
/Mariusz

P.S. My address book is "flat", i.e. no multiple address entries.