[sylpheed:31686] Re: sylpheed should remove stale socket on startup

Evgeni Golov sargentd at die-welt.net
Tue Sep 11 17:57:40 JST 2007

Hi Hiroyuki,

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:29:28 +0900 Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:

> In the current implementation, Sylpheed first tries to connect with
> existing /tmp/sylpheed-<MyUID>. If connect() fails, it removes the
> existing one and creates a new one. Normally connect() fails
> immediately if the process doesn't exist (is this always right?).

Well, it did not for me yesterday. And yes this was the first time I
saw the problem, even when I have to kill sylpheed more frequently (we
have ADSL at work and the ISP makes a non-sense forced disconnect every
24h, the IP changes and sylpheed hangs some time before the connection
timeouts and it creates a new one - I kill it if I need it immediately).

Dunno if I could reproduce the problem easily :(

Regards
Evgeni