[sylpheed:31676] Re: IMAP folder tree refresh

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Thu Sep 6 18:01:02 JST 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:34:47 +0200
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:53:41 +0900, Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:58:47 +0200 Manfred Usselmann wrote:
> >
> > > I'm using Sylpheed mainly as an IMAP client from different
> > > locations and have a problem whenever I add or delete a folder.
> > > To make a new folder visible or a deleted one disappear at the
> > > other locations, I need to refresh to whole folder tree which
> > > invalidates the mail cache for all folders.
> >
> > Use 'File - Mailbox - Rebuild folder tree', or 'Rebuild folder tree'
> > in the context menu of the root folder. These doesn't invalidate
> > message caches.
>
> I think the O.P. meant the headers caches...

Actually both.

The header refresh also causes a message to be downloaded again, when
you want to display it. And, as I wrote, depending on the search rules,
search folders sometimes require not only the header but also the whole
message. I.e. if you open such a search folder after a tree refresh,
the whole messages from that folder are downloaded first before you can
continue using Sylpheed.

Regards,
Manfred

 Manfred Usselmann                           usselmann.m at icg-online.de