[sylpheed:31797] Re: Configure-errors with 2.4.7

Thomas White taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 5 06:16:09 JST 2007

kazaam <kazaam at oleco.net> wrote:

> Updated to 2.4.7 now. While ./configure I'm gettin these errors:
>
> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.in seems to ignore the
> --datarootdir setting

I've seen this kind of thing before with other projects, when the
various parts of the build environment get out of sync.  My memory on
what exactly I did to fix it is a little hazy, but try running the
"autogen.sh" script to update things. Note that you'll need
autoconf/automake and friends installed - probably one or two extra
packages from your distribution if you don't have them already.  If
that doesn't work, try checking out/downloading a fresh copy of the
source.

Hope that helps,

Tom

--

Thomas White
- Downing College

GPG: 1024D / D8834197
9749 7C8A 037D F867 9F38 F7C0 2314 8F97 D883 4197