[sylpheed:31796] IMAP Sub-folders

Thomas White taw27 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 5 06:11:35 JST 2007

I'm afraid the latest changes to the handling of IMAP folders (SVN
revision 1900, to be precise) is playing havok with the particular
folder layout I use.

I have various folders with subfolders, where the higher-level folder
is not able to hold messages (a folder rather than a mailbox, depending
on your terminology). Revision 1899 and before present the "directory"
folder greyed-out, so you can't select it, but the folders below it are
available for storing messages.  Revision 1900 seems to interpret the
IMAP server's data wrongly so, if one performs "Rebuild Folder Tree",
it does not show the "virtual" folders, nor their subfolders, at all.

I've had a bit of a poke around in the source code, but I don't
understand the relevant part of the code enough to start poking
around.  I've attached snippets of two debug logs however, one from 1899
and another from 1900, both taken while doing "Rebuild Folder Tree" on
the IMAP folders.  Revision 1899 recurses properly whereas 1900 does
not.

I should emphasise that this is only a problem when the folder tree is
rebuilt - it seems to work fine if this never needs to be done.

Tom

--

Thomas White
- Downing College

GPG: 1024D / D8834197
9749 7C8A 037D F867 9F38 F7C0 2314 8F97 D883 4197