[sylpheed:31931] Re: SSL certificate verify failed [SUCCESS]

stef stef_204 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 09:00:17 JST 2007

I should point out that the error message I am getting is related to the fact that the SSL certs are SELF-SIGNED.
Perhaps, the appending procedure to certs.crt is not designed to resolve that, in any event?
Anyone?

Casco Bucci <Casco.Bucci at comcast.net> wrote: On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 21:51:17 -0800 (PST)
stef  wrote:

> Gosh, this is way more complicated than I thought.  I installed
> Cygwin and then had to run the setup file again to locate Midnight
> Commander--which I did. But I CANNOT figure how to navigate my
> computer's file system, Directories, etc--in MC--to open the
> certs.crt file in one of the panels, etc. I have NO idea how to
> navigate--mouse doesn't work, I tried the F keys but just cannot find
> the command top open file properly: I put the path as C:\Program Files
> \Sylpheed\etc\ssl\certs/certs.crt but it doesn't work--telling me no
> such directory, etc. Perhaps I need to use short DOS names? Sorry
> about this.....

Sorry about your troubles Stef!

Cygwin is basically a Unix/Linux command line environment under Windows.

To move around partitions at the Bash shell (or the command line in MC)
you would type "cd /cygdrive/c/[subdirectiory]" substituting the
desired partition (lower case) letter for "c".

At this point, it my be easier if you either send me the certiticate
file or tell me where I can downloaded it.  I'll then append it to the
distribution "certs.crt" file and send it to you.

I'll be away from about two hours from now until tomorrow afternoon.
(My time is UTC -0500.)

Please let me know

--
Casco