[sylpheed:31929] upgrading Sylphhed win32

stef stef_204 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 05:00:03 JST 2007

Hi,

I have always used the win32 installer files for Sylpheed--when upgrading to new version, I would just redownload everything and install over, etc.

1) Last upgrade from 2.4.6 to 2.4.7, I instead only used the ZIP Patch files to overwrite whatever files in the appropriate directory.  I do not believe that could have caused a problem.

2) In any event, in the future, I would like to switch to the ZIP version (as opposed to the installer version).
My question is: do I just uninstall 2.4.7 and then use the ZIP version that I would just copy to my /program files/ directories?  Will I be able to retain all of the settings--assuming these are under C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sylpheed?

3) Does Sylpheed win32 write to the registry?

4) Any real advantages in using the installer version as opposed to the ZIP version--besides creating desktop icon and program files shortcut automatically?

Thanks for the feedback.