[sylpheed:31927] Re: SSL certificate verify failed [SUCCESS]

stef stef_204 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 06:56:51 JST 2007

Petr,
This time I am SURE I used a UNIX format editor and added the certs to the end but no change.
Casco is correct, IMHO, that it works under Cygwin but not by just editing the certs.crt file (under windows).

Petr Kovar <pknbe at volny.cz> wrote: Casco Bucci , Sat, 24 Nov 2007 11:18:39 -0500:

> On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:06:51 -0800 (PST)
> stef  wrote:
>
> > Using Sylpheed 2.4.7, GTK+ 2.10.14 / GLib 2.12.13
> >
> > Guys,
> > A little help with the SSL certs error message would be great.
> > I have tried to follow the advice and downloaded the public version
> > of the SSL certs that my hosting company uses on its mail servers.
> > (The certs are all self-signed.) I downloaded each as a .crt file. I
> > then edited the certs.crt file (inside of C:\Program Files\Sylpheed
> > \etc\ssl\certs) which comes in by default with Sylpheed and added the
> > 3 certs to the end. Re-started, etc. No joy.  Exactly same happens:
> > Getting SSL certificate verify failed message still. Did I do
> > anything wrong? (Obviously, I must have)

Are you sure you haven't touched the certs.crt file within the Sylpheed
user's profile (as I pointed out lately here)?

> > Hiroyuki talks about a
> > certificate package that needs to be installed--but I do not think it
> > applied to Win32 version...?

No, it does not apply to Win32.

(...)

> I found that cutting and pasting the new certificate at the end of the
> "certs" file with a Windows text editor (Note Tab Pro in my case) did
> not work.

I assume that's because many Windows text editors don't support a
Unix-style line break, they only do a Windows-style. So saving new text data
with Windows line breaks to a file that comes with Unix line breaks results
in a broken format.

However, many others text editors for Windows support both line break
styles.

Petr Kovar