[sylpheed:31925] Re: SSL certificate verify failed [SUCCESS]

Petr Kovar pknbe at volny.cz
Sun Nov 25 05:52:17 JST 2007

Casco Bucci <Casco.Bucci at comcast.net>, Sat, 24 Nov 2007 11:18:39 -0500:

> On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:06:51 -0800 (PST)
> stef <stef_204 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Using Sylpheed 2.4.7, GTK+ 2.10.14 / GLib 2.12.13
> >
> > Guys,
> > A little help with the SSL certs error message would be great.
> > I have tried to follow the advice and downloaded the public version
> > of the SSL certs that my hosting company uses on its mail servers.
> > (The certs are all self-signed.) I downloaded each as a .crt file. I
> > then edited the certs.crt file (inside of C:\Program Files\Sylpheed
> > \etc\ssl\certs) which comes in by default with Sylpheed and added the
> > 3 certs to the end. Re-started, etc. No joy.  Exactly same happens:
> > Getting SSL certificate verify failed message still. Did I do
> > anything wrong? (Obviously, I must have)

Are you sure you haven't touched the certs.crt file within the Sylpheed
user's profile (as I pointed out lately here)?

> > Hiroyuki talks about a
> > certificate package that needs to be installed--but I do not think it
> > applied to Win32 version...?

No, it does not apply to Win32.

(...)

> I found that cutting and pasting the new certificate at the end of the
> "certs" file with a Windows text editor (Note Tab Pro in my case) did
> not work.

I assume that's because many Windows text editors don't support a
Unix-style line break, they only do a Windows-style. So saving new text data
with Windows line breaks to a file that comes with Unix line breaks results
in a broken format.

However, many others text editors for Windows support both line break
styles.

Petr Kovar