[sylpheed:31922] Re: SSL certificate verify failed [SUCCESS]

stef stef_204 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 24 09:06:51 JST 2007

Using Sylpheed 2.4.7, GTK+ 2.10.14 / GLib 2.12.13

Guys,
A little help with the SSL certs error message would be great.
I have tried to follow the advice and downloaded the public version of the SSL certs that my hosting company uses on its mail servers. (The certs are all self-signed.)
I downloaded each as a .crt file.
I then edited the certs.crt file (inside of C:\Program Files\Sylpheed\etc\ssl\certs) which comes in by default with Sylpheed and added the 3 certs to the end.
Re-started, etc.
No joy.  Exactly same happens: Getting SSL certificate verify failed message still.
Did I do anything wrong? (Obviously, I must have)
Hiroyuki talks about a certificate package that needs to be installed--but I do not think it applied to Win32 version...?

Casco Bucci <Casco.Bucci at comcast.net> wrote: On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:01:19 +0100
Petr Kovar
 wrote:

> Try to copy your certificate to etc\ssl\certs\certs.crt file located
> in the Sylpheed installation directory, i.e. C:\Program Files\Sylpheed
> \ by default. That should do the trick.
>
> As far as the certs.crt file within the Sylpheed user's profile is
> concerned, let it untouched (as is and was after the fresh
> installation).
>
> However, this only applies to the official Win32 binary. I have no
> experiences using Sylpheed and Cygwin.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Petr Kovar

Good day and thank you Petr!

Tried doing what you suggested again and it worked this time.

Had to append the new certificate to the distribution "certs.crt" file
(that existed in the "etc\ssl\certs\" folder.

Was also able to solve the new Comcast problem by doing the same with
the Comcast certificates.

By the way, I'm running the plain vanilla Sylpheeed Win32 binaries as
compiled by the author.  Only use Cygwin for the Unix console tools and
utilities.

Thank you again.

--
Casco