[sylpheed:31907] Re: IMAP INBOX being expunged

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Tue Nov 13 11:37:35 JST 2007

Hello,

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:29:52 -0700
locutus at xmission.com wrote:

> I'm having a serious problem that is repeatable but not
> consistently.  This is the third time it has happened to me.
> Initially I thought it was me, but I'm no
> longer sure this is the case.
>
> I have two IMAP accounts.  Switching from one to the other (basically
> clicking on the INBOX line in the Folder View) is when this typically
> happens, and seemingly in the background.
>
> Sorry, I do not have a trace, and am unwilling to experiment with
> this further.
>
> I do, however, have a snippet of the log from about where it happens:

> [09:00:17] IMAP4> 117 STORE 1:* +FLAGS.SILENT (\Deleted)
> [09:00:17] IMAP4< 117 OK completed
> [09:00:17] IMAP4> 118 EXPUNGE
> [09:00:17] IMAP4< * 6653 EXPUNGE
> [09:00:17] IMAP4< * 6652 EXPUNGE
> [09:00:17] IMAP4< * 6651 EXPUNGE
> [09:00:17] IMAP4< * 6650 EXPUNGE

> then it commences to delete all 6653 messages, and ends as follows:
>
> [09:00:18] IMAP4< * 8 EXPUNGE
> [09:00:18] IMAP4< * 7 EXPUNGE
> [09:00:18] IMAP4< * 6 EXPUNGE
> [09:00:18] IMAP4< * 5 EXPUNGE
> [09:00:18] IMAP4< * 4 EXPUNGE
> [09:00:18] IMAP4< * 3 EXPUNGE
> [09:00:18] IMAP4< * 2 EXPUNGE
> [09:00:18] IMAP4< * 1 EXPUNGE
> [09:00:18] IMAP4< 118 OK completed
>
> No other warning, no other indication, no Trash (usually when I
> delete, it moves to the trash... this didn't).
>
> I've had enabled 'execute immediately', 'empty trash on exit', etc.
> I'll set those back to what they were, and hope this doesn't happen
> again, though I'd rather not have to do this.

Hmm, it seems that somehow imap_remove_all_msg() is called (which is
typically called from procmsg_empty_trash()). Maybe INBOX is falsely
recognized as a Trash?

Please check the property of the INBOX - General - Type (should be
Inbox), and the shortcut key of 'File - Empty all trash' menu.

This is the first time I have seen this kind of problem, so I have no
idea for now. Sorry.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>