[sylpheed:31905] Re: SSL certificate verify failed

Petr Kovar pknbe at volny.cz
Tue Nov 13 01:01:19 JST 2007

Casco Bucci <Casco.Bucci at comcast.net>, Mon, 12 Nov 2007 04:57:09 -0500:

(...)

> Was able to download the certificate (per your suggestion) (Win32
> version with Cygwin installed) with no joy  -- Sylpheed
> still raises an exception about the self-signed certificate.
>
> Whatever I did has made it worse.  Sylpheed now also raises an exception
> to Comcast's certificate (never questioned it before).

Here is a cut and paste of one of my previous messages posted to this list:

Try to copy your certificate to etc\ssl\certs\certs.crt file located
in the Sylpheed installation directory, i.e. C:\Program Files\Sylpheed\ by
default. That should do the trick.

As far as the certs.crt file within the Sylpheed user's profile is
concerned, let it untouched (as is and was after the fresh installation).

However, this only applies to the official Win32 binary. I have no
experiences using Sylpheed and Cygwin.

Hope that helps,
Petr Kovar