[sylpheed:31893] Re: Sylpheed repeatedly hangs with a specific message

Celejar celejar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 10:24:46 JST 2007

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 03:38:18 +0100
Peter Greff <peter.greff at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:16:01 -0400
> Celejar <celejar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sylpheed consistently hangs when I try to open the attached message.  I
> > have tried moving it between folders, but no matter what, the app just
> > dies every time;  it becomes unresponsive and the message does not
> > display.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me what's wrong with the message or with Sylpheed?
> >
> No problems here (Debian Etch/Sylpheed 2.4.7). Have you tried to start
> sylpheed from an xterm to see some error messages? To debug use "sylpheed
> --debug".

Thanks.  The problem is not present anymore; I didn't deliberately
change anything, although I did an upgrade or two.  I guess something
in my Sylpheed was temporarily broken; I've never seen anything like
that before, though.  FWIW, I am running 2.4.7 on Debian Sid, uptodate.

I had been running with --debug (many times), but nothing that
seemed related to the problem message showed up on the terminal.

> Greetings
> Peter

Celejar