[sylpheed:31300] Re: PGP/MIME-signing breaks sig delimiter

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun May 13 04:58:30 JST 2007

On 12/05/07, Tatsuya Kinoshita wrote:

> RFC2015 is updated by RFC3156:

> | 3.  Content-Transfer-Encoding restrictions
> [...]
> |    Additionally, implementations MUST make sure that no trailing
> |    whitespace is present after the MIME encoding has been applied.

Good to have this well-defined.

That makes it slightly more difficult, since in this case due to the
"-- " delimiter the entire body can only be encoded quoted-printable.
If no "-- " is found, normal whitespace-stripped 7-bit is sufficient.

Btw, I just ran into RFC 3676 section 4.3. That one covers additional
requirements for "-- " in conjunction with format=flowed encoding.